The 2013 COPs & ExCOPs is paperless.
Printed documents will not be available at the meeting. Pre-session documents will be made available on the meetings website and in-session documents (such as conference room papers) will be available electronically via wireless intranet or memory stick only.
Making a meeting paperless considerably reduces the cost and carbon footprint of the meeting. A paperless meeting also makes it easier for participants to locate documents and allows for faster preparation and distribution of conference room papers.
To facilitate the paperless nature of the meetings, participants are requested to ensure the following:
- Each participant should bring a laptop computer containing basic applications, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Reader and updated antivirus software.
- Laptops should be pre-checked for viruses and confirmed as virus-free prior to arrival at the meetings. Virus free laptops are crucial to the success of a paperless meeting.
- Participants should bring a memory stick that has been pre-checked for viruses for the purpose of transferring documents.
- Laptops should be configured for a standard wireless (Wi-Fi) connection. If in doubt, please check with your local information technology expert.
- Participants should bring an appropriate adaptor to enable laptops to be connected to Swiss power sockets.
- When completing the meetings registration form, participants should include a current e-mail address so that they can be sent correspondence relating to the meetings.
Your cooperation in heeding these suggestions is greatly appreciated and will ensure the success of the meeting.